Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 2 - Stranger #03


Today is a Sunday, thus not really in a conscious mind to talk to a stranger. But I did "talked" to one lovely lady eyes to eyes. She is none other than the resident singer Liz on the Stewords Riverboat berth at Marina South Pier. It was my first visit there, for a wedding dinner. My first impression of her was just normal, though she is just another good singer performing for a live band. But she really proved me wrong in that short 20 mins or so. How did I manage to talk to her, when all the while she is just performing. Well.. I smiled, clapped, cheered for her while she is just performing about 5 steps away from me. So she really saw and felt this instant fan. (Yah, I cheated, but who cares! This is my blog right)

Liz is amazing, she is performing with pianist, Robert on the bridge deck of the riverboat. And she really surprised the crowd. She started with an English song, and then a Chinese item, which started the Ra Ra in the deck. Because all my elder relatives were all on that deck, thus, they shouted for an Hokkien song.. which she did soo well. Then the cantonese "Shanghai Tang"(one of my cousin just shouted randomly and she just sing immediately). My hubby ever asked her to sing one of my favourite song "fly me to the moon", which made me want to dance to it. When the crowd cooled down, she finally did a mexican item too. Wow... can you believed it! She remembers so many songs in various languages. The most impressive part was she did not ever ruffle for any lyrics at all, I think her brain is like a recording machine, she actually remember the lyrics of ALL the songs. I guess she must have being singing for her whole life that it became her second nature.

What an enjoyable night on the boat, listening to this one stranger singing. Alright, this is the one place I want to go back again, and the next time I board this boat, I will make sure that I really talk to Liz.

http://www.riverboat.com.sg/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment