Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 10 - Stranger #11


I was approached at this guardian store, while I am shopping. This stranger was trying very hard to converse with me in English, and I told her that I understand Chinese (do I look foreigner). I looked at her name tag at her chest, her name is Tina. Alright, she is another sale person, I told myself to be friendly and see if there is any opportunity to talk more.

Tina is from China, she has a 5 years old kid back home. While, I was complimenting her that she don't looked at all like 35 years old as she claimed. She said maybe it's the jovial personality. It's true, she looks like in her late 20s, so I try to ask her what skin products she used. But she is only concerned about selling me her products. So I listened on.

She was selling some support posture gear, that u put on for at least 2 hours per day. So that one would sit right and corrected one's posture. She insisted that I tried it on, which I was quite reluctant in the first place. She was so fast and skillfully with it(she does it whole day wah). Oh oh! The moment I put it on, I felt trapped! I exclaimed, it's quite painful right. She commented that those ppl who do physiotherapy are ever more painful.

Then she started to point out the areas which I experienced pain or discomfort. Which are true, maybe it's really a common symptoms that people faces with bad postures. She asked me if ever I checked my back before, I said No, and she said it feels a bit crooked. Oh man! I am worrying now. She went on with some illustrations about the spines and neck, how they are linked and what kind of impacts they have when one aged. They are photos of spinal surgery which are really grossed and a lady with a really crooked back, which was straighten only after surgery. so she said that since I am still young, I should corrected the posture before problems set in.

She told me, she came to Singapore alone, and once when she fell very sick. No one took care of her and expenses were high, so she has an enlightenment that health is very important. Money can be earned back but health can't. Ok, I agreed with her. So I think I shall seriously considered visiting a professional spine care doctor then buy the gear which cost about $179?

Alright, I finally told her the painful truth while trying to "un-trapped" myself from the gear. I said "I will think about it." (The most politically correct answer right) Have you ever see a person's expression changed within 1 second? Yes, that was what happened, her smile immediately fade off.

Ok, I hate it when a sale person did that. Face changed faster than the lightning. Apparently, she may lost a potential customer. But come to think of it, how many of us actually really go back to get the stuff u thought u will consider to buy it? Most of the time, it's compulsive buying. Of course, for me, there were instances when I did go back for the purchases.

Well, we just said our Byes and I walked off with some styles I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment